So, you’re starting to read blogs but haven’t been brave enough to comment quite yet. One day, you’ll be brave enough and maybe need some help.
“What button do I push?”
“Where do I click?”
“What do I say?
Here’s what you need… a tutorial for how to comment on a blog post.
How To Comment On A Blog Post
1. Find a blog post to comment on and look for the link to comment. It’ll usually be at the bottom of the post, but sometimes you’ll find it right under the title. Look for something that says, “leave a comment,” “______ comments,” or even just “comment.”
Here at Everything But the Posts, you can comment by clicking where it says “Leave a Reply” under my post and sharing bar (that’s where all of my social media links are – you can easily share things on facebook, twitter, etc. with these links):
Here’s the last photo in Courtney’s post with her link to comments:
and here is Karen’s comment form link, under the title of her post:
2. Click the link to comment. You’ll see something like this box pop up:
The boxes with asterisks have to be filled in (your name and email address, usually). These are mandatory because we bloggers want to be able to respond to your comment and let you know we’re reading them! If you don’t have a blog or website, don’t worry about filling in the box for that. Add your comment and click “submit.”
3. You should see your comment show up at the bottom of all the comments after clicking “submit.”
Sometimes bloggers want to manually approve their comments before they are shown on their blogs, so you might also see a message like this one after you leave your comment:
Why should I comment on blogs that I read?
There are a few reasons why!
1. It makes bloggers happy. We blog because we love to, but it’s also nice to receive comments. Comments are the currency of the blogging world! We know that commenting on a blog (especially for someone who doesn’t have a blog) is a little scary. We know it takes a little bit of bravery to leave a comment, and we appreciate every single time you do it for us.
2. Brands like to see comments. The giveaways that bloggers have are usually sponsored by brands – that means that brands give us products to give to you. Commenting can equal more great content and giveaways for you.
3. Comments help us create content. We love to connect with our readers and hear that one of our posts made a difference to you. Posts that receive more comments (or more in-depth comments) help bloggers know what their readers want. Blog content ideas can come from comments and conversations left in our comment section.
Any questions? Ask away!