I have had several new bloggers ask me about installing a wordpress plugin, so I thought this tutorial would come in handy!
I should mention that I know this works for self-hosted blogs, but I don’t believe it works for WP hosted blogs. Though the tutorial might look a little different because of WordPress updates, I’m sure you can follow along, as the process is the same.
1. Login to your WordPress account. The dashboard will open up.
2. On the left sidebar, under Appearance, click on Plugins.
4. In the search box, type what you’re looking for. If you have the name of the plugin, use that.
5. Many options may show up. I usually choose the highest rated one. Remember that if you don’t like it, you can always delete it and try another one.
6. Sometimes, plugins show up under… plugins :) Other times, they show up all the way at the bottom of your toolbar under settings. Click on the plugin you just installed and fill in your information. That should get you started.