I’ve been blogging for over five years now, and I’ve learned one very important lesson–you can’t do it all. Really.
Don’t beat yourself up about it, don’t get overwhelmed. Just accept that now.
I hire out what I need to, and look to the pros for tips about the rest. I have a list of resources for you that I love, and that can help you with whatever area of blogging you’re struggling with. The important thing to remember is that you’re not always going to struggle with the same things. Once you begin to grow, you’ll see that you become more efficient in certain areas and you’ll be ready to tackle new things.
Even as a “pro blogger,” I’ve been using these ebooks and courses to glean tips that I’m implementing into my blog.
- Everything But the Posts: Tips, Advice, and Templates From a Blogger Who Has Been in Your Shoes by Becca Ludlum <– My book!
- The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing from ProBlogger ($49.99) We all know ProBlogger, right? He’s brilliant, and has been blogging forever–he has amazing tips in this ecourse!
- The Knowtbook: In-Depth Notes for Online Business by Amy Lynn Andrews ($24.00) Amy Lynn Andrews is another amazing blogger who loves sharing her tips. She’s one of the only emails I subscribe to and read weekly.
Time Management & Productivity
I’m all about efficiency, read on for my top picks.
- Asana for Bloggers by Matthew Giovanisci ($25.00) Asana is one way I schedule my tasks as well as those for my VAs. It’s not the most intuitive platform for me, so this course was gold!
- Productivity Guide for Bloggers by Ruth Soukup ($97.00) This is the #1 downloaded product in this bundle thus far. That means people have purchased the bundle and immediately downloaded just this product–it’s that good!
- The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide by Caitlin Pyle ($9.99) Always. Tax laws are so confusing, and I’m always looking for tax tips in this business.
- The Ultimate Unoffical Dropbox Guide by Jason Glaspey ($29.00) Dropbox is KING and I want to make sure I’m using it to its potential.
I’ll admit to being pretty old school on social media–no SnapChat for this girl. These resources, however, may be working to change my mind. Read below for my top picks.
- FB Ads for Beginners by Beth Anne Schwamberger ($75.00) I use Facebook Ads a lot but always feel like I’m fumbling around. There were some amazing tips in this ecourse!
- Growing With Groups by Val Geisler ($97.00) Have you heard about bloggers who are using Facebook Groups to expand their reach? These are the tips you need to do that.
- Pinaffiliate Masterclass by Adeline Ganley ($97.00) Pinterest is the #1 traffic referrer on my blog, and I’ve written several courses on the platform but I still learned from this class!
- Pinterest Traffic Secrets by Bob Lotich ($149.00) Another ecourse with great tips and reminders, even for those of us already rocking Pinterest.
This is one area that I always hire out! I’m so afraid of breaking my blog… because it’s totally happened in the past.
- HTML and CSS Crash Course by Sarah Eggers ($129.00) Make these tips into a printable to keep by your computer–so valuable!
- Sticky Blogging SEO: Climb to the Top With This 21-Day Course by Kelly Holmes ($99.00) I can’t believe that there are still bloggers not using SEO. It’s a way to get some great Google traffic!
Photography & Images
Photography is SO important for bloggers. How else can you tell your story visually?
- Eat Pretty Things: Your Guide to Food Photography by Trisha Hughes ($29.00) Food photography is so difficult for me, I struggle through it and it takes forever! This ebook was a great read and full of tips!
- Photoshop Your Biz: Learn Photoshop & Design On Your Own Schedule by Holly McCaig ($79.00) Truth: I create pinnable images in Photoshop but don’t know how to edit pictures in there! Well, I didn’t, but after this ecourse I feel like I can handle it.
It doesn’t matter if you have 50, 500, or 500,000 pageviews a month on your blog–we all want to grow!
- 17 Strategies I Used to Go from 17K to 350K+ Pageviews in 9 Months by Lena Gott ($25.00) Seriously good tips here!
- List Building Jumpstart by Laura Smith ($147.00) WHY should you start building your email list? This is a great resource!
It’s so easy to get stuck in a blogging rut–these products are great for mixing it up a bit! See my favorites below:
- Content Cookbook by Prerna Malik ($199.00) There are SO MANY ideas in this book–SO many. I’d definitely download this one first!
- Podcasters Secret Weapon: Ultimate Podcaster Launch Guide by Luis Congdon ($9.00) I’ve been toying around with the idea of a podcast and this is SO helpful! It’s an overwhelming thought at first.
That’s the goal, right? Making passive incme (or mostly passive income) from our websites. These ecourses and book are SO valuable.
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers: The Fundamentals by Tasha Agruso ($75.00) Affiliate marketing is that passive income I was talking about above–it’s truly a set it and forget it business.
- BloggerRevolution™ Sponsored Content Master Guide: How to Pitch, Create & Nail Sponsored Content Every Time by Bonnie LaVell ($259.00) Sponsored content is a great way to bring in some money, but it’s not easy to make it seamless. There are some great tips in this course, and it retails for more than twice of the entire cost of the bundle…
- PR + Marketing for Bloggers by Kaelah Flynn ($25.00) I’d heard amazing things about this book and I really got some great tips–super helpful for bloggers.